Monday 26 May 2014

Contracted Animation Work And Other Progress

I haven't posted on here in a while so I thought I'd add an update about what I've been upto.

I completed my Masters Degree at The Glasgow School of Art, absolutely crazy year, and the ceremony for my graduation is Friday 20th June.  Quite looking forward to it.

Over the past few months I also gained some great experience in the animation industry by getting contracted work with Glasgow company 'Smudge Digital', to work on a low-budget documentary. Other animators and I were contracted to work on eight animation segments which revolved around 3 primary characters, I worked exclusively on one of them.

These shorts were placed between scenes in the documentary and basically tied the scenes altogether which worked quite effectively and also will add some humour to the audience.

The documentary is in the editing process at the moment and it will be revealed at a premiere, which I am very excited about.  From there it will be shown at several festivals before it is sold to television. Any publicity is good publicity!

I really enjoyed my time with Smudge and I hope that there will be some more work in the near future.

I also got quite far in a few interviews for animator jobs but seemed to fall at the last hurdle, a bit disheartening but back to the drawing board, I guess.

I've also wrote a script for a 2D animation that I've started working on, a silly crazy plot that involves two primary characters. I've planned the script to be roughly nine minutes long, enjoying working on it so far.


This is the title card I whipped up showing both characters, I'm hoping to also make an intro to go along with the final animation. It's strange not having strict time constraints with this but I've planned a schedule and sticking to it! I'll post animation progress as I'm working on this more.

No comments:

Post a Comment