Tuesday 19 February 2013

Hopper Nighthawks Project

Our first assignment in Animation and Sound One was to create a 3D representation of one of Hopper's paintings, either "Nighthawks" or "Office at Night".  I chose Nighthawks as I remember it being referenced from numerous TV shows and always looked at it as a great, successful piece.


Edward Hopper's "Nighthawks"


I felt that I recreated the original view of the scene quite successfully.  I added the characters at the end to give the piece it's overall classic feel.


This is personally my favourite render of the scene as I could experiment with the back wall of the diner that can't be seen from the original view of the painting. 



 I added movie posters from the time the painting was created and a newspaper which had a deadline from that year too.




No comments:

Post a Comment